Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's been a very busy first couple of weeks of January. Lots of stuff going on. Still, I'm chipping away at my marionette project one piece at a time. It's such a learning experience because while there is information about how to create them, a lot of it's older info and doesn't seem to correspond with more recent puppetry that I've found. I guess I'm just making up my own design as I go along and hoping it works in the end. But I'm really enjoying the process.

I was going through some old boxes last week and found a doll-sized, old fashioned Windsor bench that I cannot wait to incorporate with my simultaneous doll project. I'm having a lot of fun. I am so grateful that I have a supportive family who doesn't think it's unusual to find me in my studio at odd times, sculpting, painting, ironing, cutting -- walking back and forth to the kitchen refilling water dishes (for paint) or coffee staining my fabrics.

Oh, and I joined the whole New Year's resolution bunch at work to lose 20 lbs so I've been getting up a little earlier to work out before heading into Downtown. I'm not sure how long it will last but I seem to have more energy---curious!

Another thing I'm so excited about this year is an artist retreat I get to go on with some outstanding fellow artists I just can't wait to meet. I feel so blessed to be able to go. Maybe some of their good creative vibes will rub off on me!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, Im with you on the dieting, Deb. I love your new doll below.
Hugs
April

Sam I Am said...

Hi Deb!!!
Can't WAIT til APRIL!!!! We are gonna have sooooo much fun :) :) :)
hugs..
sam

Coppermouse Dolls said...

Hello there. I just discovered you on Ebay...don't remember how I found, but I did. I am gonna post a link to your blog on mine. Like your stuff cause it's way out there. Edgy, one might say. Indeed!

Happy Dollmaking,
Melisa

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Hey Deb! I can't wait to finally meet you in April too! We're gonna have sooooooooooo much fun. I am so excited...I can hard stand it! LOL!

Love your new dollie too! And your creative spirit! Perfect!

Hugs,
Joyce