Monday, April 21, 2014

A funny thing happened on the way to my blog.....

Sometimes life just gets in the way and you forget about what it is your soul craves in order to thrive and function.  Stress and obligation, the constant assignment of blame; they can so easily take center stage in your life and drown out the calling of your true, authentic self.  

I'm an embarassingly huge fan of Oprah Winfrey who recently had Brene Brown on her show. Brene Brown said that unused creativity is not benign. It metastasizes. It turns into grief, rage, judgment, sorrow, shame.  I truly believe that is what happens when we don't give ourselves the creative outlets we need. For so long I kept saying, tomorrow I'll be creative; I just have so much to take care of today, so many judgments from other people to change, 20 pounds to lose......  But that day didn't come and it really did have a negative effect in my life.  I'm easing back into using my creativity even if the pull to focus on things I cannot change tries to take over.......happily, giving into that spirit of creativity is healing places inside my heart.  Cool huh? 


No comments: