Saturday, October 20, 2007

Once upon a time

I was going through some things the other day when I found the first doll head I ever made. I can't believe I kept her! I named her Imogen (don't ask). Once upon a time she had a body, arms, legs. I remember I sewed her by hand because I didn't have a sewing machine yet. At some point along the way, she got disassembled and put away in a box with fabric remnants (I keep eveything!).

It was a nice reminder to me that improvment is inevitable and that we are all works in progress. If you keep trying, you will succeed--whether it's karma or just old fashioned hard work, it pays off. I thought I'd share a picture of her.


Anyway, speaking of works in progress, here's one face I'm finishing up tonight/tomorrow. I don't want to say what she's going to be because it isn't clear to me yet.

And lastly, here's our pumpkin for this season. I know--only one this year. I plan to carve at least three . . . next year.

Cheerio!

No comments: