Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Laughing Doll Studio


I've been wanting to start a blog for a while but just haven't had the time.

Honestly, I've been a tad nervous about it -- something about posting your feelings for all the world to see (okay, I know probably only one person will see this but the whole world could see it, you know, if they wanted to).

Setting my nerosis aside, I'll jump off by saying, HELLO! I am so mad that I don't have more time to create! I know I've got to get over this but I find myself getting so angry over the fact that I have absolutely NO. FREAKING. TIME. to ever get anything done. And let me tell you, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to make dolls!!

I have so many ideas but I'm stuck at this office in Los Angeles---ut oh, I should probably explain this:

Okay, I'm a legal secretary and the sole provider for my family and I'm stuck at an office all day full of attorneys. As if that weren't bad in and of itself, I'm here from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm but must leave my house at 5:30 am to get here by 8:30 am and then if I leave work around 4:15 pm, I don't get home until 6:30 pm. That's roughly 11 hours a day I am not in the presence of anything I can create with. No paperclay in sight, not a stitch of fabric (except what I'm wearing) and crazy people. EVERYWHERE (but I love most of them).

Now that I've gotten my wah for the day over, I can tell you that when I get home tonight I'm going to continue to work on some very interesting angels I got started on last weekend (I'd post some pics of pre-production but I'm about 68 miles away from them right now).

Alas, I know my dreams of creating all day every day will someday materialize (hopefully I won't be 90 years old) so I must hang onto my hopes. Until then, I will faithfully post, um, at least once a week.

Aur revoir, for now.




Free Hit Counter

1 comment:

joebobfellow said...

You are a brave and hearty lass for sticking it out when lesser have not!